The protection of the natural environment is one of the most pressing issues of our time. Therefore, environmental sustainability is very much an integral element of the Bank’s management focus. A every level of our operations we carefully consider the impact of our environmental footprint:
- Credit Evaluation: An assessment of the environmental impact constitutes an integral element of our credit evaluation process. We do not support any project which is perceived to be deleterions to the environment. Through our lending policy, we also support businesses, which implement energy-efficient and environmentally friendly operational procedures
- Financing environmentally friendly business: The Bank is the only institution to extend Environmental Protection Loans to its clients among commercial banks implementing Phase 2 of TSL Project Loan Programme supported by Japanese International Cooperation Agency in cooperation with the Ministry of Finance
- Promoting the efficient use of resources: The benefits of online banking include less paperwork, less mail and less fuel driving to branch offices, which all generate a positive impact on the environment. The Bank is actively expanding its E-banking services and promoting the usage of our E-banking service channels. In addition, within its internal feedback procedure, the Bank introduced a SharePoint and JIRA system in order to reduce volumes of paper hence helping to protect the environment
- Contributing to reduce air-pollution through mortgage loans: Air pollution in Ulaanbaatar and other major cities surpasses acceptable levels with an adverse effect on the general health and well-being as well as the environmental balance. As part of our corporate social responsibility, the Bank supports young families and households by providing tailored mortgage loans with flexible terms and conditions to enable them to improve their own living standards, welfare and environment as well as that of society as a whole
- Aiming to increase public awareness and knowledge of green earth and green economy issues, the Bank continued its established campaign named “Green Earth Starts with Us" in which all our employees participate
- The Bank and its employees opened the “Happy Children” ecological garden in cooperation with MasterCard Worldwide, Visa International, American Express and Union Pay of China again under the auspices of our environmental initiative "Green Earth Starts with Us"
- Employees implemented tree planting projects for Golomt Bank’s “Golden Key” deposit holders as part of our ongoing environmental initiative “Green Earth Starts with Us”.