Supporting Sports and Culture
Our sponsorship in the arenas of sport, culture and the arts form a key part of our commitment to the broader Mongolian community. These activities focus on Olympic sports and football as well as classical arts, and traditional music reflective of Mongolia’s unique cultural heritage. We place a particular emphasis on the promotion of young talent in both sporting and cultural fields:
- continued sponsorship of the State Academic Theatre of Opera and Ballet in order to contribute to development of the classical arts and increase the knowledge and appreciation of arts and culture among citizens and residents of Mongolia
- sponsoring the State Morin Khuur Ensemble to produce a DVD entitled “Playing Love” and “Novel Melody” concert to promote Mongolia’s most famous traditional musical instrument
- sponsoring the first performance of the opera Aida by Giuseppe Verdi at the Mongolian State Opera and Ballet Theatre;
- sponsoring the Mongolian National Chess Contest and the contest among Mongolia's young musicians.
- continued our leading sponsorship role in support of the Mongolian National Olympic Committee, to support the development of Mongolian Olympians and excellence in sports with a particular focus upon London 2012
- sponsoring the Mongolian Student’s Team to the Summer Universidad 2011 in Shenzhen, China in collaboration with our valued partner, Union Pay of China